Sunday, January 17, 2010

good things.

some things i am really grateful for, and things i am seriously digging:

a date by myself for TWO WHOLE HOURS!
i went to powells books (a three story full city block long bookstore- need i say more?) and roamed through the literature section and the poetry section and the new fiction section and the travel section. i wore my black boots and i sat and i read about cities in mexico and poems by black women inmates and saw calendars and journals and cards and magnets and more books then i have ever seen in my life.

i was in book heaven.

when i die, please let me drift endlessly as a readin' fool at powells.

oh my goddess, this place was amazing.. and i felt like i was swimming in an enormous bowl of words. AN ENORMOUS BOWL OF WORDS. and i was my own word/name floating around in all of these other words, and each person was their own word swimming amongst the books.

and then i went to the library. and to the little local food co-op, and had a coffee.
and the rain was just rain, not some siren call for depressed thoughts.

i am grateful for the health of my children and the fact that the next year will hold tremendous changes and beautiful experiences.

good things are not just "happy" things. good things can be hard things, too.

2009 was an extremely difficult year- hard. but good. i found a strength i didnt think existed within myself and i grew tremendously.

what are your good things?

1 comment:

Hector Diego said...

Dear Lila,

You and your girls are some of my good things.

Pa

Post a Comment